Security Compliance Manager (SCM) is a free tool from the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team that enables you to quickly configure and manage your computers, traditional datacenter, and private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. SCM provides ready-to-deploy policies and DCM configuration packs that are tested and fully supported. Product baselines are based on Microsoft Security Guide recommendations and industry best practices, allowing you to manage configuration drift, address compliance requirements, and reduce security threats.
- Integration with the System Center 2012 IT GRC Process Pack for Service Manager-Beta: Product baseline configurations are integrated into the IT GRC Process Pack to provide oversight and reporting of your compliance activities.
- Gold master support: Import and take advantage of your existing Group Policy or create a snapshot of a reference machine to kick-start your project.
- Configure stand-alone machines: Deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the new GPO Pack feature.
- Updated security guidance: Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides, and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
- Compare against industry best practices: Analyze your configurations against prebuilt baselines for the latest Windows client and server operating systems.
- NEW baselines include:
- Exchange Server 2007 SP3 Security Baseline
- Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Security Baseline
- Updated client product baselines include:
- Windows 7 SP1 Security Compliance Baseline
- Windows Vista SP2 Security Compliance Baseline
- Windows XP SP3 Security Compliance Baseline
- Office 2010 SP1 Security Baseline
- Internet Explorer 8 Security Compliance Baseline
SCM 2.5 Beta can be found on Microsoft Connect.