The Azure AD team has announced general availability for some key features in Azure AD as well as new features that are now in preview, including:
- Password write-back in Azure AD Sync: Users can now change their passwords in the cloud and have the change flow all the way back to your on-premises AD.
- The Azure AD App Proxy: This proxy makes it easy to give your employees secure access to on-premises applications like SharePoint and Exchange/OWA from the cloud without having to muck around with your DMZ.
- Question based security gates for use in password resets
- Admins can add their own password SSO based SaaS apps to Azure AD
- And probably the most exciting news of all – Administrative Units (AUs). AU’s are like OUs modernized for the cloud. They let you sub-divide your Azure Active Directory, enabling the separation of administrative duties and policy creation across a large company.
Also, Azure AD Premium is now available for direct online purchase, using a credit card, in the Office 365 admin portal (you do not need to be an existing Office 365 customer to buy).
More details on the above features can be read here.